The first-ever report to track the growth of software’s impact on the US economy.
On November 29, Software.org sponsored an event in Indianapolis to celebrate the economic impact of software in Indiana and discuss ways to encourage growth in the industry. Governor Eric Holcomb kicked off the event with remarks commending Hoosiers’ ability to be change agents. He offered this advice about change: “don’t fear it, lead it.” Jennifer Snoddy, a Premier Field Engineer with Microsoft, took the stage to share her inspiring journey from working in radio with no formal tech training to creating her own computer science career in rural Indiana. Attendees also heard from a member of Congressman Andre Carson’s staff and a video recording of Congresswoman Susan Brooks, who praised Indiana as a leading state in technology. The event ended with a lively panel discussion: Niki Christoff from Salesforce, Sue Ellspermann from Ivy Tech Community College, Mark Fisher from the Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce, and Mike Langellier from TechPoint examined how software is driving growth in Indiana and how the state can continue to prepare for the future.
- Keynote: Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb
- Jennifer Snoddy, Premier Field Engineer, Microsoft
- Panel Discussion:
- Niki Christoff, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Government Relations, Salesforce
- Sue Ellspermann, President, Ivy Tech Community College
- Mark Fisher, Vice President, Government Relations and Policy Development, Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Langellier, President and CEO, TechPoint
More information: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/topic/in_the_news/how_indiana_wins/