Software.org: the BSA Foundation is an independent and nonpartisan international research organization established to help people better understand the impact software has on our lives, our economy, and our society. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the foundation publishes studies that examine the intersection of software and society, and it engages with policymakers and the public to inform policies that can stay ahead of cutting-edge technologies. The foundation also works directly to empower the workforce of tomorrow by encouraging a diverse community of young coders and working to increase opportunities for training and skills.
About Software.org Benefits
- Software.org recognizes that benefits play an important role in your selection of an employer. We offer generous benefits including many unique benefits and perks to our employees in locations around the world and encourage everyone to live a healthy, balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Health, disability and life insurance;
- Paid time off and holidays – including a year-end company shut down between Christmas and New Year’s;
- Generous paid maternity and bonding leave;
- Emergency backup child care;
- Three weeks’ paid sabbatical every five years;
- Health/Fitness and Financial/Tax Advice reimbursement;
- Professional development, continuing education (including tuition reimbursement) and training;
- Casual dress;
- And much more!
Position: Deputy Director
Location: Washington, DC
Software.org is seeking a Deputy Director, to lead new initiatives and elevate the foundation’s goals, positioning and reputation, particularly on jobs and workforce issues. The Deputy Director will be responsible for the development and articulation of an agenda on key workforce issues for Software.org supporters, with an emphasis on addressing the impact of new technologies on careers across the economy. The incumbent will also manage projects related to efforts to expand technology education and training and to increase the diversity of the tech workforce.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title and location in your Subject Line.