- To better enable virtual business environments for remote workforce, and as enterprises reorient their business operations, Adobe Connect can meet business needs with its interactive, scalable and secure virtual environments for businesses. In response to international public health advisories, Adobe is providing free 90-day access to Adobe Connect to help government agencies and businesses enable virtual environments for real-time collaboration and online training. Learn more here.
- Extended free trials for Adobe Sign—a cloud-based e-signature solution—are available to new users for 90 days through May 31, 2020 to help organizations of all sizes with business continuity and working remotely.
- Adobe is supporting designers, developers, and project managers by extending unlimited access to Adobe XD’s suite of premium sharing and collaboration tools to all plans—including the free XD Starter plan—until October 2020. Read the blog post for more details on these changes.
- Atlassian, the collaboration and productivity software provider, is providing its flagship cloud products for free for teams of up to 10 people. This is in addition to its existing free offerings for teams of all sizes, and the offer is not time-bound. The offer includes the project tracking software Jira and access to the collaboration software Confluence, Jira Service Desk and the project management software Jira Core.
- Autodesk has implemented a special Extended Access Program for several of their cloud collaboration products, including BIM 360 Docs, BIM 360 Design, Fusion 360, Fusion Team, AutoCAD Web and Mobile, and Shotgun. This program allows for free commercial use of the participating products until May 31, 2020. It is available to both new customers, as well as existing customers who need to quickly expand use of these products to accommodate teams working remotely.
- Autodesk is extending contract payment terms to 60 days for all customers and partners for new orders and renewals placed directly with Autodesk now through August 7, 2020. The company is extending the ability to purchase new multi-user subscription plans to August 7, 2020 and moving the retirement of multi-user subscriptions to August 7, 2021. Visit Autodesk’s COVID-19 Resource Center for more information.
- Box is offering tips for working remotely and is offering a free instructor-led course on Box User Essentials (using promo code UEFREE) on how to enable remote work for your organization as quickly as possible.
- DocuSign compiled resources on how DocuSign developer technologies can help businesses cope during COVID-19.
- IBM has made several of its services available free of charge for 90 days via the IBM public cloud to help customers maintain business continuity throughout the COVID-19 crisis. As of this writing, available services include:
- IBM X-Force IRIS COVID-19 Threat Intelligence Enclave – To combat the emergence of malware and phishing scams in the wake of COVID-19, IBM has made this shared collection of known malicious actors and scams available to the public for 90 days starting March 20, 2020.
- IBM Cloud Virtual Servers – No-cost options are available to help customers migrate to remote work environments.
- IBM Aspera – IBM is making this high-speed file sharing and team collaboration tool available free to new clients for 90 days.
- IBM Watson Media – IBM is providing new customers an extended free trial of IBM Enterprise Video Streaming (most often used for employee communications) or IBM Video Streaming (most often used for virtual conferences and events).
- IBM Sterling Supply Chain Suite – Powered by AI and blockchain technologies, IBM Sterling is designed to give organizations the insight to address disruptions in their supply chain, such as managing medical equipment and COVID-19 testing kits.
- IBM Cloud Event Manager – This tool allows DevOps teams to better identify, triage, and resolve operational incidents in business systems through a single consolidated platform.
- Microsoft Teams enables remote work. It is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines workplace chat, audio conferencing, video meetings, and file storage. To help organizations, the company is offering a range of free and premium options for Teams access.
- The cloud identity management firm Okta launched Okta for Emergency Remote Work, which offers core Okta services for free to all new customers for at least six months. The services offered include Okta Single Sign-On (SSO)and Okta Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to five apps for all users, as well as best practices guides, community access, and support and training.
- Oracle is offering a free HR tool—the Workplace Health and Safety solution—to current Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud customers until the COVID-19 pandemic is over. This module provides HR professionals tools to help take the necessary actions to keep employees safe. Please read more information on Oracle’s website for details and to receive step-by-step configuration instructions.
- PTC is making its Vuforia Chalk augmented reality (AR) remote support and collaboration technology available at no cost until June 30, 2020. Learn more about Chalk here.
- PTC University will provide unlimited access to eLearning courses for their customers during the COVID-19 crisis, with no user limits on eLearning access. PTC hopes these resources will allow disrupted employees to take advantage of unexpected downtime by upskilling their capabilities and returning to work with an advanced level of proficiency. Learn more about available resources at PTC University.
- Salesforce is offering free access to Health Cloud for qualified emergency response teams, call centers, and care management teams for health systems affected by COVID-19.
- Tableau, a subsidiary of Salesforce, has developed a free COVID-19 Data Resource Hub to help organizations make data-driven decisions relating to the virus using resources compiled from the WHO, the CDC, and Johns Hopkins University.
- Salesforce is making Quip Starter—a collaborative document and spreadsheet tool that helps remote teams work together effectively—available for free to any Salesforce customer or non-profit organization through September 30, 2020. Learn more about Quip here.
- Salesforce has expanded Salesforce Care with additional free solutions to support health care providers, non-profit organizations, small businesses, and other organizations in the midst of a COVID-19 response. All Salesforce Care and accompanying support solutions are available free to Salesforce customers and non-customers for at least 90 days with 24/7 support from Salesforce experts. Learn more about Salesforce Care here.
- ServiceNow helps governments and companies transform old, manual ways of working into modern digital workflows. To help governments put in place critical emergency response and crisis management workflows, the company is making four free, open-sourced apps available:
- Emergency Response Operations– This app was created by Washington State’s Department of Health to manage the COVID-19 situation, and they are donating it for use by other organizations and public agencies. This app supports operational processes of emergency response and preparedness at the state and local government level. It helps optimize resources and staff in critical locations, and follows federal regulations required for emergency funding and reimbursement.
- Emergency Outreach– This workflow uses a mobile app to help organizations connect with employees and assess the impact on their workers. Employers can reach out by email or push notification to provide information and safety measures and get a response to confirm if employees are safe, and where they are located.
- Emergency Self Report– This workflow helps an employee notify their employer that they are going into quarantine and helps the employee safely return to work.
- Emergency Exposure Management – When an employee has been diagnosed with an illness, this workflow helps the employer identify other people who might have been exposed based on the employee’s meetings and location.
- Slack offers a free version of its namesake collaboration software that can help businesses and their employees continue working through the COVID-19 crisis. If your business is already using Slack, you are eligible to upgrade to a Standard of Plus plan free of charge for three months. Apply here by providing your current workspace information.
- Through the Slack for Nonprofits program, Slack has made nonprofit organizations of any size eligible to receive three months of their Standard or Plus offerings free of charge. Find more information here.
- For organizations already on Slack, there are resources available with best practices and recommendations on how to optimize the Slack platform for remote work.
- Twilio is a cloud communication platform that helps governments and businesses engage constituents and customers across channels – text, voice, video, and more. Public services, health organizations, and NGOs are using Twilio to improve their COVID-19 response initiatives, including by:
- Reducing public health hotline backlogs and wait times: Deploying automated chatbots and other self-service capabilities to share public service information and answer frequently asked questions will put the right information in the hands of citizens faster and more efficiently, while freeing specialists to tackle the complex requests only they can handle.
- Combating misinformation with proactive alerts: Proactive SMS, voice, and email notifications enable organizations to keep their constituents up to date on the latest information based on trusted sources of public health.
- Reaching more people by using preferred communication channels: Effective containment of the virus is largely dependent on providing everyone in Coronavirus-affected areas with the right trusted information to protect themselves and their families. This requires delivering your message over channels where end-users in need of assistance prefer to communicate.
- Automating appointment reminders and scheduling: You can set up reminders via email, text, and/or voice to reduce no shows and ensure that appointment slots which are canceled can be offered to others. Many organizations also offer a text in option to schedule appointments in the first place.
- For non-profits and social impact organizations, Twilio.org offers benefits through its Impact Access Program. More information is available here.